On 06/04/2012 01:50 PM, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> Marcello,
>
> A GPL project can definitely use components from an LGPL project. So
> in the worst case, integration of the two could be done, distributing
> the whole combined work as a modification of CSLM. Not that I'm
> proposing we do that.
>
> In any case, what I meant by integration was doing the coding so that
> CSLM could be optionally compiled into Moses and used at runtime, just
> like SRILM, IRSTLM, and RandLM.
Hello,

it would be definitely interesting to be able to use the CSLM like any
other LM during decoding. We could do this by just calling the
corresponding functions when an LM probability is needed, but this risks
to be quite inefficient.

The code contains mechanisms to collect similar LM probability requests
in order to minimize the number of forward passes of the neural network.
In particular, different LM probability requests for the same word
context should go together. It seems to me that this is also used in KenLM.

The integration of the CSLM could also benefit from the work on the LM
server. I guess that the LM requests are not sent individually to the
server, but in larger bunchs.

An intermediate step could be to use the CSLM to rescore lattices which
are likely to be a much richer dump of the search space than n-best
lists. Can Moses create lattices which include all the (14) feature
function scores ?

best,

Holger