Hi Lane,

As Vito mentioned, PhraseDictionaryMultiModel is originally for linear
interpolation.  It has an option to output all scores from all models
rather than interpolating but I ended up writing PhraseDictionaryGroup to
have the specific functionality plus some additions.  One of the additions
is the "default-average-others" option specifically for disjoint phrase
tables.  It will fill in scores for missing phrase pairs in any model by
averaging the scores from other models.  Empirically, this works better
than zero-filling the scores or using a default score.

Another addition (which was never fully documented) is the
"model-bitmap-count" option that adds indicator features for which models
contain a phrase.  For instance, if this option is enabled for 2 models, A
and B, you have 3 features that will have the following scores when:
- A phrase is in model A but *not* model B: 1 0 0
- A phrase is in *not* model A but is in model B: 0 1 0
- A phrase is in *both* models A and B: 0 0 1
Empirically, these help as well and batch MIRA does a fine job of finding
weights for the expanded feature set.

Best,
Michael