A Bald Eagle soaring outside a hotel window while attending a professional
seminar in Northern Arizonia! (-I still have a blank page in my notes!)
Claudia Anders
------Original Message------
From: Bill Kahn
Sender: Minnesota Birds
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
ReplyTo: Bill Kahn
Subject: Re: [mou-net] Best Bird While Not Birding?
Sent: Aug 8, 2011 7:30 PM

Long before I even started birding and while attending the University
of California at Santa Barbara (darned ornithologists who taught
zoology courses that I took for my anthro major made me do it for
labs; now I can't quit), I was working out on my bicycle on a frontage
road of the Pacific Coast Highway in Goleta where I lived, I scared up
a jack rabbit in the brush who shot off ahead of me, parallel to the
road. The rabbit was scooped up directly in front of me by a Red-
tailed Hawk who had spotted the rabbit while soaring over the area and
swooped down for it in typical Red-tail fashion. It was a great
workout ride, one of my best.