Hi all,

SIXTY MORE ACRES OF BOG SAVED!
Friends of Sax-Zim Bog has been busy! We recently purchased and preserved 60
more acres of Black Spruce/Tamarack bog adjacent to our 40 acres, making the
Yellow-belled Bog now 100 contiguous acres!
Thanks to all of you who have generously donated! You are free to roam this bog
whenever you are in the area. Great snowshoeing in winter too.

Map and some details at:  http://www.saxzim.org

SAX-ZIM BOG FIELD TRIP—GOLDEN TAMARACKS AND ARRIVING ROUGHLEGS

Saturday October 25th, 7:30 am - Noonish.

We are timing this field trip for the peak of the "Tamarack show." They should
have glowing gold needles at this time. Of course our main goal will be finding
some cool birds, especially migrating sparrows, hawks (including Rough-legs),
eagles, cranes. We'll also cruise Admiral and McDavitt for any early hunting
owls or foraging Black-backed Woodpeckers.

Cost: Free to members (those who've donated more than $20 during the last
12-months). $20 to non-members who have not donated $20 during the last 12
months.

Meet at the Welcome Center at 7:30 am (Directions on our website and shown on
the Birding map). We'll depart by 7:45am in a car caravan (Please plan for
passengers or to ride with someone else). Two-way radios will keep all cars in
touch. No major hiking as all birding will be from the car or stops along the
road. Trip will go until noon or so.

Please RSVP to spa...@saxzim.org...just so I have your email address in case we
have a weather delay/cancellation.
Details here: http://www.saxzim.org/field-trips/

WELCOME CENTER OPENS SAT. DEC. 13
We plan to be open Daily 10am-3pm from Dec. 13 through mid March 2015.
Stop in and see us...and find out where all the good birds are!

WORK DAYS—NEW SNOWSHOE TRAILS NEAR WELCOME CENTER and BUILDING STAINED

Thanks to all who volunteered. We couldn't do it without you!
Photos and details here:  http://www.saxzim.org/bog-blog/

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall MN 55797