I posted this photo that I took tonight, seen flying over Crosby Farm Park
in Ramsey county ~5 pm, an Osprey with a very red fish, or at least the
back half of the fish.

https://flic.kr/p/2jDaW2r

I am curious as to whether anyone has thoughts on what this red fish would
be? We see there is a Minnesota fish called a bigmouth buffalo, but that
fish doesn’t seem to be as red as what this Osprey is carrying.

Maybe it is a koi that ended up in the wild? That’s another possibility
we’ve thought of?

If anyone has thoughts on this, we’d be interested to hear!

Thanks,

Brian T.
St. Paul MN