For what it's worth, there was a flock of around 20 Smith's Longspurs
(for what it's also worth, it only took 1.8 seconds to type the full
name "SMITH'S LONGSPURS," and I'm doing this on the klickity-klackity
brickety-brackety keyboard of a stationary interior-dwelling computer
machine) at the Helibase overlooking the north shore of Greenwood
Lake, on the afternoon of Tuesday, October 6. There were many more
Lapland Longspurs (2.2 seconds) there as well.

On Wednesday, October 7, 75 Sandhill Cranes were reported heading
southwest along the shore above Mt Josephine by Travis Novitsky, and
120+ were seen passing over Silver Bay from Mount Trudee, by Marsha
Moreen and Ken Larson.

On 10/9/20, linda whyte <0000004e7b0e779a-dmarc-requ...@lists.umn.edu> wrote:
> They're "bird-bander speak" for Smith's Longspur and Lapland Longspur.
> Linda Whyte
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020, 10:24 AM Law, Carolyn <c...@fslf.org> wrote:
>
>> Where is Park Place? What is a SMLO? WHAT IS A LALOM
>>

>> Blessings of Peace and All Good!
>>
>> Carolyn Law osf
>>
>> www.carolynlaw.com
>> 320.260.1030