Hello,
For files on the same machine, I had no problems. It is the remote machine
case that I'm having trouble with. Like you suggested, I'm trying nginx but
since I never did something similar before, it's taking me quite sometime
now to achieve my goal (I'm still looking for a step by step tutorial on
how to use nginx to serve files).

Thanks.