Used to be, like Netscape version 4, you could set up a profile and
direct where the cache would be kept. This was helpful, because I
could synchronize my bookmarks and history between two computers
easily, without dragging along 10 meg. worth of cache. Now Mozilla
insists not only on continuing to place the cache in my user
directory, but keeps manufacturing more levels of cryptic directory
names to hide the profile under. What's the point of this? Why can't
it be configurable (i.e., cache location and the name of the user
directory)? It's getting to where I'm thinking of regressing to
Netscape 4.75.
---
Mike Koenecke
to reply, change "nowhere" to "home"