Mike Koenecke wrote:

> Used to be, like Netscape version 4, you could set up a profile and
> direct where the cache would be kept. This was helpful, because I
> could synchronize my bookmarks and history between two computers
> easily, without dragging along 10 meg. worth of cache. Now Mozilla
> insists not only on continuing to place the cache in my user
> directory, but keeps manufacturing more levels of cryptic directory
> names to hide the profile under. What's the point of this? Why can't
> it be configurable (i.e., cache location and the name of the user
> directory)? It's getting to where I'm thinking of regressing to
> Netscape 4.75.

Well, it is configurable. Kind of. In your profile directory (that
with the cryptic name) you have a file named prefs.js. You have to
change a setting named "browser.cache.directory".

Maybe a bug should be filed on the lack of more user friendly way
of changing it. I cannot find one on bugzilla.

Jacek