The W3C forbids the usage of the alt attributes for "tooltips". The alt
attribute ("alternative") is for browsers that have image display disabled,
that can't load the image, or that cannot display images.

Use the title attribute which is for displaying additional explaining text.

Regards,
Sören Kuklau