Christian Biesinger wrote:

> If you think so... In the next sentence, I said that I meant that
> anybody can still read the profile files, even though the user might
> think they are now very well protected.

That's what the warning statement is for.

>> You are aware that *0 < profile passwords < 128bit protection* is at
>> least some protection?

> The password only prevents a user from choosing the profile in Mozilla's
>  profile list, afaik.

Correct. *That* is the "protection" most of us are asking for.

>> - and YES, we *fully* understand the limitations!

> Well, you understand it. Will users also understand it?

*I* am a user. And nearly everyone who has been requesting this is a
user as well (as opposed to the Linux users & developers who have been
opposing it).

>> It seems people like you who are unable to see beyond black and white,
>> or are incapable of comprehending subtle nuances.

> I'm not sure if I understand this sentence, it seems like parts of it
> are missing.

Not really, but it wasn't an important sentence anyhow - sorry. ;)

--

Regards,

Peter Lairo