OK, fellow Mozillians, what would it take to start a general purpose NG
where nothing (legal) is OT?

There is currently a thread, "Warum hat Mozilla 0.9.9 so viele neue
Bugs? Ein Sabotuer" running in n.p.m.general which has become a thread
about the German language. This is totally OT for any Moz NG but is
(IMHO) a very interesting thread anyway.

Sooner or later, in threads such as this, someone will cry, "OT", but
there is nowhere to take it where it is On-topic.

The Internet is an international community, especially in the Open
Source world, and being able to have interesting, informed, intellectual
discussions with people from other countries, cultures, and with
different mother-tongues, is fascinating, educational, and generally
broadens ones horizons.

I subscribe to several FreeBSD mailing lists one of which is .chat. Over
the years there have been many threads there which have been totally OT
re FreeBSD but were extremely interesting nonetheless; wine,
language/grammar, geography[1], the price of petrol (US:gas), US gun law
(long threads those :-)).

For the most part those who frequent the n.p.m.* NGs are sensible,
intelligent people with whom one can have an informed discussion so I
believe we should have a NG where "anything (legal) goes"

Comments? Observations? Counter-proposals?

Flames > /dev/null

Regards,

Parish

[1] As one Australian poster said in one thread, "I have studied a map
of Australia and can safely state that Windows N.T. does not exist" :-)

--
"I would rather gnaw my leg off, pack the bleeding stump with salt,
  and run in a circle on broken glass than have to deal with any

Anti-spam e-mail address, change _AT_, sorry for the inconvenience