Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>
>> Its not the system is bad. Its just different.
>>
> Some things are objectively bad. "I don't have no car" (for "I have no
> car") is just logically wrong. And "Your out of luck" instead of "You're
> out of luck" is, by the definition of the language, wrong. I admit that
> the latter error is easy to make. But the former is, I think, a genuine
> American symptom.

Actually, logically, it makes as much sense as anything. It's just a
different grammer... maybe inspired by the french

je ne crois pas...

where "ne" and "pas" together creates a negation of "crois" (believe,
think or something like that). Mind you, in french, the "pas" can be
substituted for a number of different negation, like "rien" for "never".

Mind you, Americans as I know them don't speak their own language, as
defined by their intellectuals, correctly in many respects. The same
goes for Danes BTW. For instance, when I visited America some years ago
the phrase "The bell ring" was often used for "The bell rang." Somewhat
confusing to a poor dane :o)

regards, Esben, who is still winderfully off-topic :O)