Ian G wrote:
Gervase Markham wrote:

Ram A M wrote:

Showing the name of the company may. Showing
"firstbankofsomewhere.sometld" is not as reliable as showing "First
Bank of Somewhere" as the organization name.

I note your example includes a geographical location; not many business names do. How many "First Banks" are there around the world?

It's an americanism as far as I know. You sometimes see it in the Caribbean, but that would be a sign that they were trying to appeal to americans, which is actually a red flag (probably a scam).

There's First National Realestate in Australia, while not being a bank, I'm guessing it's not that unique either...