Duane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Peter Gutmann wrote:

>> You may as well name 'em since it's fairly well known, it's Verisign (yes,
>> the

>Actually another one, so that makes 2 of them (at least)...

I've had several pieces of mail asking for clarification of my original
statement about Verisign, here's how to see this yourself:

1. Disable SSLv2 in your browser (i.e. take it to the state that it should
   have been shipped in in the first place).
2. Go to https://www.networksolutions.com/

With Mozilla I get an error to say that I can't connect because SSLv2 is
disabled.  With MSIE it just hangs forever trying to connect, with no
indication of what's wrong ("Thank Bill kids.  Thaaaaanks, Bill").  I can't
remember any more which banking sites had problems with the same thing, it was
last year some time, but the Verisign/NS issue is fairly well known (at least
among SSL'ers) and they don't seem interested in fixing it.

Peter.