Ian G wrote:

> Notice that both trustbar and petnames tried to work
> with PKI and augment them.  Netcraft ignores it totally,
> by harvesting data and aggregating it.  If that's works,
> so be it, security is too important to waste on textbook
> models.

the only thing I have an issue with the netcraft bar is no way to
temporarily disabling it. If we assume most browsing doesn't include
phishing for the most part, eg reading web mail, then we can also assume
that most of us only need to use it some of the time, this would stitch
up my privacy issue with it...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."