Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> Pardon me if I'm obtuse, but it sounds to me like Netcraft doing the
> phishing, under the pretense of protecting the user against it.

I don't think they are collecting data to conduct ID fraud etc, but I do
feel like they are harvesting data not in my or any other users best
interest most of the time...

Netcraft publishes internet stats and I'm guessing this tool bar is one
way they can collect information to feed into their other ventures...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."