Gervase Markham wrote:
Ian Grigg wrote:

This is clearly not the case - in partnership with the other browser vendors, we are together working out the most appropriate UI and then all implementing it.

That's fine, but of course not currently an open process. Duane kindly setup an open forum, the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list. This is for anybody interested in further discussing these issues; thanks! I am sure that some of the people in the `closed` group will also join/follow the open forum, and certainly hope that Gerv will. In particular, this list is an appropriate forum for feedback on our proposal (TrustBar) and other proposals, for developing agreed-upon criteria, etc....

For info or to join:

You (mozilla, you, everyone within) are not playing fair.

It is not an issue of fairness, it is an issue of open process. I am indeed disappointed to find that Mozilla is not acting openly. As a believer in open process, I am concerned that the result may be suboptimal. This is not the way to encourage innovation. In fact, this situation, which was not even disclosed openly during this lengthy discussion, puts Heikki's advice on `develop code` in rather strange light. I'm not planning to stop coding (yet), but I think you should have indicated that at least the Mozilla group thinks that working in a closed committee will be more effective (and is unlikely to evaluate the code - as seems the case).

Best, Amir Herzberg
See the new TrustBar homepage at http://AmirHerzberg.com/TrustBar