Hello,

>I'd like to determine the number of frames included in an mp3 file
>given its size. Using the formula
>File_Size/(1152*Bitrate/Sampling_Rate) always leads to a number of
>frames that's smaller than the one indicated by an MP3 decoder
>(eg. WinAmp) for the same file. Could someone help me out ?
>
>Regards,
>Patrick Ndjiki-Nya

I' d first like to thank Mark Taylor and Steve Lhomme for answering the
question I asked in my last mail (see the above).

I still have some more though. Hope you don't mind me asking them...

>Steve Lhomme wrote:
>I think the only way is to find every frame, and analyse the header. It will g>ive
>you the frame length with the formula mentionned earlier
>(sample_per_frame>/sampling_frequency).
>Otherwise, you'll be missing the VBR aspect of files (unless you can get the '>real'
>bit rate).

Do you know of any tool I could use to visualize the properties of the
frames in a mp3 file ?

How can I recognize if a mp3 file is VBR or not ? using WinAmp (-->
File properties) ?

----

Would you recommend me to use the dist10 decoder as a basis for a
further implementations ? I heard about some bugs in relationship with
that decoder. How serious are they ?

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Patrick Ndjiki-Nya