Marty Huntzberry a écrit :

> That r -2 switch makes it sound softer.  Other values did increase (r -1,
> r-3)....maybe it's a glitch in lame.  Looking at the output in audacity you
> can see it decreaes.

To be honest we are expecting --scale to be used with a float number
(ex: 0.5 or 1.1), but not with a negative number, so there might be a
parsing problem regarding this in Lame (I'll try to check it).

Regarding your situation, I'd suggest you to try first an encoding
without specifying the output sampling rate. This will let Lame choose
it based on the target bitrate and its own knowledge of its compression
abilities.
As an example, in mono and targetting 24kbps, current Lame version would
choose to use a sampling rate of 16kHz, which will probably sound better
than 22kHz.

Regards,

--
Gabriel Bouvigne