Hello

The last couple of days I've been struggling with a Cygwin
installation of MPB. The problem was that I also installed Octave from
the Cygwin repository and this involved installing newer versions of
the FFTW libraries and HDF5 support. The problem is that MPB has not
been updated to this new releases and a nasty warning message appears
and terminates the program. Took my weekend but I managed it.
Nonetheless, I also checked when the last realease of MPB was made and
I saw it was in 2002. I think MPB is a good choice as is. But easing
the installation and other issues would be very nice.  A C++ port like
the one that MEEP has would be great and I think I saw somewhere in
the documentation that using other methods/libraries such as ARPACK
could improve the performance. But my question is, are you planning
something on mantaining this package updated? And if so, are you
interested in taking volunteers? I'll be glad to help on that one,
because MPB has been of great use to me.

Best regards.