Dear MPB users:

Below are the installation instructions for the latest version of MPB on Ubuntu 16.04. This includes the serial and parallel version with OpenMPI. The parallel version requires that OpenMPI and HDF5 libraries be built from source. SWIG does not support the latest version of Guile which requires that an older version (2.0.11) be used instead. The source files are placed in an "install" folder in the user's home directory. All binaries are installed in the standard system directories. The entire installation takes less than an hour on an Intel Xeon 2.90 GHz machine, mainly due to the suite of tests in "make check".

These instructions are also available as a bash script.

Cordially,

Ardavan Oskooi