On 2014/08/15 21:22, François Revol <re...@free.fr> wrote:
> According to POSIX and both OSX and Linux manpages,
> strcasecmp comes from strings.h, not string.h.
>
> Most OSes also have them available in string.h,
> but we just fixed the headers on Haiku and it now
> only provides them in strings.h.
>
> We might want to fall back to string.h for other
> OSes though...

Merged to v0.18.x.

I removed the HAVE_STRINGS_H check.  This is a standard header that
must be present always and I don't like to clutter the code
unnecessarily with compile-time checks.  In any case, what if
strings.h is not available?

Note that including config.h from a header can break the build.  It
must be the first thing that every source file includes.  That's why
headers that depend on config.h must include check.h first.  The
problem is that some libc compile-time checks are done only once, and
if at this time config.h was not yet included, the wrong definitions
will be used.