Hi all,

Here are a few updates from the Zürich meeting, which affect the overall
timeline and the MPI Forum activity for the upcoming year:

- We decided to allow for one more meeting of readings - the December meeting
in ABQ will THE LAST meeting for tickets to be (successfully) read, if they
want to make it into MPI 4.0. Please plan and prepare your tickets accordingly.

- In order to have MPI 4.0 ratified for SC 2020, we will add a special MPI
Forum meeting right before/during SC 2020. For now my intention is to hold this
on Monday of SC from 6pm to 7pm (before the gala opening). The only agenda
point will be she final ratification of MPI 4.0.

- For the December 2019 meeting in ABQ, we will not have any WG meetings to
allow for enough time for final readings. If you do need time for WGs, please
let me know and we can see if we can arrange them outside of the core times
(i.e., Monday morning and Thursday afternoon).

- Further, at the December meeting we will give absolute preference to tickets
who have already been discussed and that had already some exposure and
discussions. Other tickets can be proposed, but will only be covered time
permitting.

- To prepare for the December meeting and to help tickets to be in a state so
that readings can be successful, we will again hold a series of virtual
meetings. Please make any effort possible to attend or to at least review the
tickets ahead of time (which also means that presenters should publish the
documents well ahead of their virtual meeting). I started a collection of
topics at the bottom of the agenda page for the Zürich meeting. Please take a
look and let me know if you want to add a topic. I will draw up a schedule soon.

- For the ratification process, but also for some upcoming preparation work, we
will need active chapter committees. If you are a chapter chair or one of the
chapter committees, expect to be pinged soon (in the coming weeks) to help with
reviewing the document. Please let me know if you no longer want to/can serve
in this capacity, or if you want to join one of the committees.

Thanks!

Martin

—
Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schu...@in.tum.de