-----Original Message----- From: Brian Gladman
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 6:54 PM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: Can't Compile dll_mpir_gc in VS15

Hi,

The log shows the following errors:

mpz\pprime_p.c(119): error C2143: syntax error: missing ')' before ':'
mpz\pprime_p.c(119): error C2059: syntax error: ')'
mpz\pprime_p.c(119): error C2143: syntax error: missing ')' before ';'
[ and more similar]

I've seen 'cl' throw errors like this on source files that 'gcc' finds to be quite acceptable. However, I don't have an exact match and Brian may well be right in pointing the finger at corrupted files.

For a simple demo of the sort of thing I'm thinking of, consider the following C program:

/**************/
#include <stdio.h>

int main (void) {

int a = 3;
printf("%d\n", a);

int b = 6;
printf("%d\n", b);

return 0;
}

That builds fine for me on Windows with gcc, but using cl I get:

try.c(8) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'type'
try.c(9) : error C2065: 'b' : undeclared identifier

Maybe that's totally unrelated to what's happening here - but if file corruption is not the explanation, I'd be taking a close look at mpn_modexact_1_odd() because I think (unproven) that's where the problem is originating in all cases.

Cheers,
Rob