I resnt the thought that any of us needs to give time
and attention to these ads. That city employees, be
they regulations people or PW people, spend time and
we pay for it is especially maddening.

If I'm not mistaken buildings that have fire alarm
emergencies that don't invole an actual fire are or
can be billed by the city and yet these people go
free, so to speak.

I suspect we might be getting into the area of free
speech here like the proliferation of newsboxes and
the problems they present vis a vis littering.

I like susan Young's suggestion that residents might
act on their own. I don't like vigilante justice tough
I believe whole-heartedly with citizen action.

These ads are attached with hard plastic ties like the
cops use at demonstrations. A good snipper would do
the trick. I climbed up a pole last evening at Henn.
and Groveland to check it out.

What if we made a game of it? Say we, as individuals
of a group, very nicely snip and collect signs without
damaging them. Then we bring them to our next mpls'
issues get-together and the person with the greatest
number gets free drinks on everyone else.

Then having collected these eyesores we could sign a
petition condemning this practice in our city and
suggesting if these people feel compelled to create
this blight they might go somewhere else.

And finally we bestow upon Susan Young the honor of
delivering the signs and petitions to the involed
businessses. She could plead innocence if she felt it
necessary.

It's a modest proposal but one worth considering I
think.

Tim Connolly
Ward 7

P.S. I cannot help wondering why Lisa Mc. has not
chimed in on this issue after her episode with Mark
Trehus at Oarfolk! Sorry Lisa, I couldn't resist.