We wouldn't be in this jam, if the council would not have went to 4 year terms.

Craig Miller
Former Fultonite
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Mpls] Final redistricting map (almost)

With respect to your point about the decade being more than half over before the new ward lines take effect:

If a lawsuit is filed for new elections in 2003 based on a failure of the wards in the past election to provide equal representation on the grounds of one person, one vote,  I believe it will be successful, given the massive changes in a number of wards, for example the Third, Eighth, Sixth, Ninth and First wards, among others.

Anyone up to join me in filing such a suit?

Bert Black
King Field