Does Minneapolis have any programs or assistance for first time buyers?

I have a young friend that just got turned down for a commercial loan even
though she had enough money to put 25% down.  The problem was the bank only
looked at her adjusted gross income which was low for her this year because
she invested in improvements to her business.

I would appreciate any suggestions.  Jay Dean, ECCO