Carol asked about the status of interconnection between Mpls and St. Paul in case there is a problem with our supply from the Mississippi.

There is nothing currently planeed for interconnecting with St. Paul but a new 40 milion gallon reservoir is planned for SW Minneapolis (40th and France). Actually we won't put the water on France Ave, but will use the land to the west of France. The city has a current reservoir capacity of 125 million gallons. A typical flow rate is 70 million gallons per day. The new project adds slightly over a half day to our supply. The current estimated cost is $24 million dollars in 2005 to 2007 with additional funds needed in 2008 that are not yet a part of the budget.

Minneapolis currently supplies Crystal, Golden Valley, New Hope, Columbia Heights and Bloomington with water.

Bob Gustafson
SW