Shawn Lewis wrote:

> In war zones, journalists are usually seen
> as "neutral non-combatants." Why were Star
> Tribune reporters beaten and TV news vehicles
vandalized? I believe mainstream media were
> quite specifically targeted for the role they
> play as the public relations organ of police
departments.

Chris responds

I would be very cautious appending a political
rationale - as you seem to -  as explanation for
what was clearly an act of mob rage. With this
sort of logic, no telling what sort of acts of
violence can be made politically justifiable. As
is, your reasoning for the assault on the
press/media folk  sounds like a dubious blend of
"blame the victim" and "kill the messenger."

Beckwith
Ward 6