For what it's worth, I agree with Mr. Beckwith on this.

This sentiment (the reporters had it coming) is exactly the same
attitude that the police try to cultivate: we don't like these people
and so they deserve to be brutalized.

There may be good or bad reasons to dislike a person or group of
people.  There is no good reason to mistreat anyone physically.

Rosalind Nelson
Bancroft