Legalizing marijuana would make sense to me and might improve the
farming economy of several states. What I find difficult to imagine
though, is how to undo the enormous infrastructure created to "fight the
war on drugs" which was lost on about day 1. As a junkie myself
(cigarettes) I have often been grateful that they are legal--that could
change--because I don't know what I might have gotten involved in were
they illegal. When I see the old junkies on the streets (cocaine,
heroin) it's so sad. But how do we dismantle all that has become the
thriving drug industry, like the DEA, the FBI, and the intense
involvement of city police, county sheriff, state police? I'm not sure
whether the big drug importer people import just one of the drugs or all
of them. How do we separate the marijuana from the other stuff?
WizardMarks, Central