I'm not sure if I am hearing that the case for not using a Union printer was because they didn't employ minorities, or there weren't any in the 3rd ward.

While I cannot address the availability of union printers in the 3rd ward, I can speak on the availability of minority union printers.

The state DFL Party and DFL House Caucus utilized a black owned union print shop that has a vast majority of minority employees. I cannot speak to his prices, but his quality was good enough that that shop did very well for several DFL candidates in the 2002 elections including some of the independent Greg Gray for Auditor pieces.  It will remain a consistant contractor with the state DFL Party.

To understand the Northeast side, is to realize that a majority of those DFL voters are active laborites, and are not impressed with bucking unions. To its contrast, the near-Northside's priorities are with jobs in the community, union or not.

Draw your own conclusions.

Eric Mitchell

Maple Grove

(formerly 5th Ward-including near North) (formerly SD59 - including Northeast)

Do you Yahoo!?