Denny, Sorry I didn't mention you folks. This is the union printer I have always used. They're great. They even did my wedding invitation.

Lisa McDonald
East Harriet

----- Original Message -----
From: Schapiro
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 11:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Mpls] union printer

I agree with Lisa that the issue of union print shops is a
trivial distraction. BUT...

There IS a good, small, union print shop in the 3rd ward,
Shafer & Feld. A lot of elected officials and those who ran
for office (some familiar names on this list) have used it.
(Disclaimer: I once worked for the company and I still
office in the building.)

The union bug is one interesting insect. Knowing about it is
often one measure of a DFL candidate's savvy (You don't have
a union bug on your literature? You been living under a rock?).

On the other hand, any campaign is going to have short-run
print jobs that really are better done at a Kinko's-type
(non-union) shop, and it seems excessive to demand the extra
costs that go with the union bug on those jobs which union
shops are not positioned to do at a competitive price.

Also, viewers of the Bayard Rustin bio on TPT last night
were reminded that the issue of race and trade unionism
ain't nothin' new.

Dennis Schapiro
Linden Hills
Minneapolis School Board