Oh, good friends of the Minneapolis watering hole,

My good friends and I (as previous identified by David: posse) feel like escaping from the propaganda of Fox, the horror of CNN and the deep freeze of the local economy by going out “dance if we want to” this weekend.  On previous such trips we went Salsa dancing – but this time we feel like escaping into the banality of the pop culture that governed us as we came of age.  So, we are looking for the joyful harmonies of 80’s music. You know – ABBA, Flock of Seagulls, MC Hammer, Wham, Culture Club, New Edition, Cure, Def Leopards, Loverboy, the Police, Bon Jovi, and of course David Hasslehoff (who know, I try to include him on every list)

So here is the question: Where do we go dancing with 80’s music?

I know this is not the same weight as the other critical issues facing Minneapolis: like the wading pools, or the 35W access project, Linder’s fascism, nefarious connections between Stride, Raucous Caucus and other potential terrorists, or Scott Person’s windmills.

So for “every breath you take” while answering this email -- thank you.

Joseph Barisonzi

Lyndale

(PS: My good friend Michelle is reminding me not to forget Madonna – so here it is – Our favorite Material Girl!)

(PPS: Sorry, forgot Prince – what was I thinking – big “shot-out” to all the Prince fans – especially Peter. Hi Mr. Delirious!)