Eli: Do you actually have problems with
non-achieving children?  Craig seems to be
convinced you do.  The other question I have is,
do the graduates of Rogers schools win a lot of
Merit Scholarships and such?  I mean, all the
focus is on the failing students in Minneapolis
AS IF students elsewhere never fail at all. Nor
do the many high-achieving students get any
recognition. And I know they are there in the
city schools.

By the way, I was in honor society, and my
parents never did any of the things Craig offers
as "solutions".  What my parents did was live the
lives of literate, educated parents. They showed
in the way they lived their own lives that
education mattered.  I picked up on that myself
without a lot of heavy-handed "input".  My father
played operas for his enjoyment, and from that I
learned that serious music was entertainment.

Do all our consumption-crazy parents today set
the bar high for their children?  I wonder. It
does no good at all to crab at the school
administration if you entertain yourself at home
with "Bachelor" and WWF.  Kids will pick on the
genuine message every time.
-----------------------
Who is the actual owner of Target Center. If we
are, then the fact that we don't pay taxes to
ourselves only makes sense. And getting a ticket
for our trouble doesn't.

=====
Jim Mork
Cooper-Longfellow-Minneapolis (L'Etoile du Nord)
http://sbc.yahoo.com
TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)