The website http://www.northwestcorridor.org home page does show only Lowry
on the NW-BRT map graphic. However, the below text on a back webpage of the
website says that BRT buses will split between 100/394, Broadway and Lowry.
As usual I have more questions than answers. Does anyone have any idea what
percentage of buses will get split to the 3 different routes? I am wondering
if it is a bad thing or a good thing that some (much?) bus traffic will be
diverted away from Broadway to Lowry and 394. If all BRT buses went down
Broadway, how often would they run?

If there would be a great number, like a bus every one minute or some such,
during rush hours, would this not cause greater detrimental traffic
congestion at little benefit to the West Broadway Mpls neighborhoods? What
is the optimum time spacing of buses along Broadway that would create the
greatest benefit for the North Mpls Broadway area residents and businesses -
without causing too much added congestion on an already very busy street?

How many of the BRT buses will be already filled to the gills by the time
they hit the Mpls border, and thus would not be very comfortable for N. Mpls
riders? Maybe these full buses are better diverted to 100/394? Thinking
strictly about attracting shoppers to W.Bdwy-N.Mpls businesses, it seems to
me that suburb-to-downtown commuters would not shop as bus riders, but may
be inclined to stop and shop as car drivers.

>  From: http://www.northwestcorridor.org/ncptransp_home.html  >
>>  At Highway 100, some buses will continue en route to downtown on West
Broadway, while others will travel south on the Highway 100 High Occupancy
Vehicle (HOV) lanes linking to the I-394 bus/carpool lanes. Enhanced service
also will be provided between the Hubbard Market Place station in
Robbinsdale using Lowry and Lyndale Avenues en route to the downtown area.

Dave Stack
Harrison
(Quite close to Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, of which a schedule of July
events can be found at http://www.calsnet.net/env or
http://www.minneapolisparks.org  )

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)