>  Michelle Martin wrote:
>> ... The self-guided tour will be from July 31 to August 3.  Interested
public can show up at any of the six tour sites listed below during daylight
hours and pick up a guide book. Each home will have a billboard on the
property
describing the improvements that were made.  Check out
http://www.fultonneighborhood.org >>

.          A reminder for the Fulton Neighborhood rain garden tour this
Thursday thru Sunday. This is a great opportunity to view six examples of
home-owner rain gardens.

>  Keith Ellison wrote(posted by Batala-Ra McFarlane):
>> Among them were a strong stink, darkened water in the "rain garden" (its
drainage ditch) and a petro-looking sheen on the water.  >>

.          Lest anyone develop a negative connection of pollution with rain
gardens with this Heritage Park deal - on the whole, rain gardens are
extremely good pollution reducers. I have been told that this particular
rain garden was improperly designed and/or improperly constructed.

Dave Stack
Harrison
(where some years ago my son's dog had a fateful encounter with a racoon.
The dog had taken off chasing a racoon in Bassett Creek Park and then the
racoon ran into Bassett Creek Pond. The critter took off swimming across the
pond with the dog in pursuit swimming a few feet behind. At about the middle
of the pond the clever racoon turned around, swam towards the dog and then
climbed up on top of the dog's head. The dog's head disappeared under the
water, and all we could see was the racoon hunched still in the middle of
the pond. After a few minutes the racoon swam away, the poor dog was
drowned, and my son was terribly heartbroken.)

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)