3 charged in shooting of Minneapolis toddler David Chanen, Star Tribune Published August 6, 2003 One of the men charged Tuesday in the shooting of a 20-month-old Minneapolis girl was headed to prison before a judge reversed a plea agreement in February and put him on probation, while a second defendant was free pending sentencing for a firearms felony, court documents show.
The July 29 shooting of Deasha Hazley at a duplex in the 2700 block of Girard Av. N. in the Jordan neighborhood was related to a gang dispute, authorities said. Bullet fragments hit the girl in the abdominal area and head, and she has been hospitalized in critical condition. The charges against Antonio Gail and Marchello Rembert were filed Tuesday, as 12 state troopers sent by Gov. Tim Pawlenty began teaming up with Minneapolis police to target gang and drug activity in the area. The target of the shooting was a relative of Deasha's mother, a rival gang member who had been sitting in the living room at the duplex a half-hour before the shooting, the criminal complaint said. A third man, Amecio Enge, 19, was also charged because he witnessed the shooting but didn't cooperate with police. http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4025772.html Posted by Shawn Lewis, Field Neighborhood -- __________________________________________________________ Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup CareerBuilder.com has over 400,000 jobs. Be smarter about your job search http://corp.mail.com/careers TEMPORARY REMINDER: 1. Don't feed the troll! Ignore obvious flame-bait. 2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject (Mpls-specific, of course.) ________________________________ Minneapolis Issues Forum - A City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn E-Democracy Post messages to: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe, Un-subscribe, etc. at: http://e-democracy.org/mpls
