--- Tamir Nolley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Jim Bernstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Mr. Nolley's post is grossly inaccurate. Fiction.
> > Make believe.
> > Nonsense.
>
> Why this sure sets a polite discussion tone.
>
> > One may certainly dispute the new ward boundaries
> > (some have, they filed
> > a lawsuit) but the redistricting commission no more
> > set out to eliminate
> > Council Members Johnson-Lee and Zimmerman than they
> > planned to get rid
> > of Saddam Hussein!
>
> TN
> I don't know, Jim.  I've always thought that if it
> looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a
> duck, it's a duck.
>
> I don't doubt that my own contempt for the two party
> system comes through here, but the ward boundaries
> chosen by the redistricting commission were extremely
> partisan when a far more sensible map that followed
> guidelines and kept neighborhoods close basically in
> the same wards was presented.

[TB]  I do know Jim Bernstein, Jim Bernstein is a friend of mine and
(appoligies to the Sen. from Texas)

When the Redistricting Commission drew their map Councilmember
Johnson-Lee lived in a ward where she was the only incumbent
Councilmember.  Subsequent to the drawing of that map, the 3rd ward
councilmember resigned and the newly elected member lives in the same
ward as Ms. Johnson-Lee.

Geezz, it was one heck of a conspiracy to also rig the special election
in the 3rd ward.

As the Minority Caucus of the council, Zimmerman and Johnson-Lee chose
one member of the Redistricting Commission.  According to the minutes
of the Commission (see:
http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/redistricting/docs/041802.pdf )
the plan passed unanimously.  So did their member participate in the
conspiracy?

Conspriacy theories are far fetched.

Terrell Brown
Loring Park