(with a small "d") that some folks
think it's just fine to use the 1990
census ward lines until January, 2006.

Therefore, I agree with Phyllis Kahn in
her efforts to get new elections held.

However, I also respect the opinions of
folks who happen to believe otherwise.

And that's the point I'm writing about
tonight -- why do some of you feel it to
be so necessary to impugn the motives of
those with whom you disagree?

I may have said this before here, perhaps
six months ago or more, but lately I've
read this again and again, so it bears
repeating -- why can't we stick to the
pros and cons of the policy?  Why do we
have to attack Phyllis Kahn's motives,
or really anyone's for that matter?

In some ways, I guess this is kind of a
debate about list rules, and I know that
we're supposed to e-mail David "off-list"
about that (and I often do!).  But -- I
read all of your messages and rarely post
here, and even then usually just to give
some information, not always an opinion.
And the folks complaining about Phyllis
have been at this over and over, so maybe
I'm entitled to one public comment on it.

So here's another call for "decorum" please!

Don Jorovsky
New Brighton