I agree with Tom Thompson, since we are allowing 'Legal Substances' to be
banned, why not use this "police" power as a precedent. Let's give our CM's
the power to ban other harmful things.  Since we are banning things for
health reasons, and for the good of all, because of their affects upon
others, I support banning the following:

1. White floor and sugar.  Diabetes is at an epidemic level, and people
(because of addiction) are just not able to resist the temptation. Obesity
and diabetes account for much higher morbidity and mortality rates than
second-hand smoke. In fact morbidity and mortality rates from these two
beggar any other cause in our 'protected' consumer society.  In addition,
some people are allergic to wheat products.  These folks deserve to be
protected from accidental consumption.  Kitchen workers with such allergies
also deserve to be protected from being forced to come in contact with such
substances either on first hand or second hand basis in the work place.

2. Tom is very much correct, perfume, cologne, deodorant and such things are
very harmful because of their second hand effect.  They should be banned in
all public places, work place, and any establishment where people may
assemble. Their use and second hand affects violates "Public Space" with an
agent that is toxic to many, and obnoxious to some others.

3. Sex outside an exclusive relationship, because it promotes the spread of
Aids and other communicable disease, and sometimes causes unwanted
pregnancies that can result in abortion. (I have seen ads on television
about the impact of teen pregnancies on young lives and our society.  They
are indeed compelling!).  Also the physical addiction to sex is knowingly
promulgated by the powerful market forces of corporate America.  Corporate
America is bombarding young minds with ads in every media form to promote
products which young minds would otherwise be able to resist. They spend
many billions of dollars on such ads.

4. Interstate trade in peanut products.  Even second hand dust may be deadly
to someone with an allergy to such products.  Such toxic peanut agents are
spread on hands and clothing.   Peanut products are also included in some
products that the unsuspecting may touch or consume.(Some bars even offer
and allow the consumption on their premises)

I am merely asking for non-discriminatory equal protection from these and
other harmful agents.  We should not discriminate against just our own pet
antipathies, but protect people in a carefully consistent pattern.

I am of course joking, but putting my jokes into reality, and all jokes
aside, which CM is going to attempt to be logically and ethically consistent
with their protection of us?  Let me know when one steps forward, will you?
I know someone is out there to offer ordinance bans on these things.

Jim Graham,
Considering the need for rubber body suits and gas masks in Ventura Village,
Phillips Community Planning District and the Sixth Ward of Salem'apolis