As many of the great branch library buildings are from the Carnegie
legacy, why not try and continue that theme? Who are today's Carnegies?
     Awhile back I advocated for sports stars to sponsor neighborhood houses
of the like when I grew up (Magaret Barry et al.). Why not library branches
instead or in addition?
     I mean K.G. makes an annual salary equal to the library budget. I think
he might be able to support one facility. Maybe he's got a few competiteve
buddies.
     Yes the libraries have evolved from patronage and of course they won't
want to leave a significant heritage.A beatufil building embracing a hundred
year old thought.
     Anyone here got a superstars ear?
                                                            Jon Gorder
                                                                    Cathedral
Hill
     I sold Carl Eller some golf clubs in '63, that's as good as I got.