For Vanessa,

No, I'm not running for office. I was not trying to single her out as someone with super human abilities. I was filled with admiration for her and how she is handling this tragedy, and I wanted both to put a human face on the tragedy and, hopefully, light a bit of a fire under some who talk about what others should do to solve the problem. As you said, she has been active in the community and been the kind of neighbor we all would like to have. She is committed to her community. I believe we all need to be inspired by stories like hers. I apologize, Vanessa, if I somehow offended you in writing this. I did indeed ask her permission to tell the part of her story that I told. She agreed.

Dottie