The stormwater rate is multipled by the number of ESUs (estimated stormwater
units) that the property has been assigned.  So it most definitely IS
possible to have a $37 bump up in fees.

In my case, my water bill was $34 a month.  The city guessed that I had 2.38
ESUs (it's actually 1.17).  They multiplied 2.38 x $8.57 to come up with an
increase of $20.39 a month, or an increase of 60% on my water bill.

Getting the city to change it is challenging.  I called last month and was
assured that they would correct it.  They insisted, however, that I had to
pay the full amount of the incorrect bill or I would be charged a penalty.
They promised that I would be credited for the erroneous amount this month.
This month, the bill arrived -- for the wrong amount again.  And again, I
willI have to pay the full amount or be penalized.  I hope the city can
eventually see its way, after another round of phone calls with me, to get
it right.

Dottie Titus
Jordan