Thanks Aaron for your comments.  I did not mean to
imply that Community Colleges were inferior but I do
think for many students who plan on getting a 4 year
degree and are the first individual in their family to
attend college, the general college offers an
opportunity to get acclimated to the university
culture.  I think you give a balanced summation of the
issues involved.

Community college may be better for many students.
Many professors and classes offerred at our community
colleges are very comparable in academic rigor to
those at the university in my experience from taking
classes for fun(yeah, I'm one of those folks I likes
to learn).

David Strand
Loring Park