Dorie Rae Gallagher wrote:

Part of this is self-interest.  I own a single-family home in the
Wedge and there has been lots of tension lately over rezoning parts
of the neighborhood to eliminate single-family homes.  I like the
historic character of my neighborhood and I want to preserve the
wonderful Craftsmans and Victorians in the area.

Then perhaps they should build the 12 story buildings in the Wedge area

The proposed project IS in the Wedge area.

and be done with the single-family homes. You like the character of your
neighborhood and wish to preserve it...I think it would be great with 12 story buildings with high density housing and family eateries, how exciting! Or is this
the case of not in my back yard...

Nope, it's the case of "fill in the underdeveloped areas first."  This
project is two blocks from my house.  Not literally in my backyard,
but certainly close enough to be visible, potentially impact lighting
in my yard, etc.

Getting back to Uptown...we have a Downtown...we don't need two. Uptown
has a flavor all it's own and does it need to change..

Dorie Rae Gallagher/Nokomis

Nokomis?  I don't understand why you object to my support for the
project.  Apparently, welcoming a project like this in one's own
neighborhood two blocks from one's own house is NIMBY and is not
equivalent in legitimacy to opinions from the other side of the
city.

David Greene
The Wedge