Cool off with a cold beverage and enjoy the evening with your neighbors
tonight.

When the conversation turns to "let's do this again soon", a great reason to
meet next month would be to talk about Kids Voting Minneapolis.

Kids Voting Minneapolis is a grassroots, nonpartisan organization that
fosters an informed, participating electorate by educating and actively
engaging K-12th grade youth and their families in voting and other elements
of effective civic engagement. We provide civics curriculum materials, which
supplement the social studies curriculum in place already, to every school
in Minneapolis that is interested. On Election Day, November 8, students are
encouraged to go with their parents to the polls to vote. The students vote
on a Kids Voting ballot which will include many of the same candidates and
issues the adult will vote on. Ballots are scanned and results reported the
next day. In order to be successful we need 800 volunteers, or 6 per polling
place, on Election Day to assist students in casting their ballots.
Volunteers work in pairs for a three hour shift, either 6:30-9;30 a.m,
2:30-5:30 p.m., or 5:30-8:30 p.m.. (We are closed during the middle of the
day so students don't skip school to vote.) This is a great opportunity for
neighbors to work together on a community project.
I'll provide more details for your September/ October discussions.

Have fun tonight.

Mary

Mary Hunstiger

Executive Director

Kids Voting Minneapolis

612-827-3442

612-201-4191 Cell

612-827-1908 Fax

To volunteer:

Call 612-288-2899 or

Email  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  • [Mpls] NNO An idea for meeting again in September Mary Hunstiger