> Does this mean we need initiative and referendum in Minnesota to pass
> this thing?  (Something I haven't supported.)  So instead of back
> peddling in Hennepin County, why aren't advocates picking off more
> counties and cities one by one if statewide movement is slow.

That wouldn't do it. Most Minnesotans oppose the smoking ban. Look at the
latest Strib poll. 63% want either a partial or total repeal of the Hennepin
County ban. 36% want to keep the ban as is. 46% want a total repeal.

Dan McGrath
Longfellow
http://www.smokeoutgary.org
http://www.subversivepictures.com