>From David Tilsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-281-8576

I have agreed to co-chair the "Zimmerman for Justice" committee.  This is a
committee formed to raise funds and otherwise provide support to Dean Zimmerman
in regard to the allegations made by the FBI affidavit in support of the search
warrant.

Although no charges have been filed, or incitement issued, Dean's personal and
political character has been assailed in the press and we feel that it is only
prudent for Dean to have the ability to defend himself.  We intend to provide
at least some the financial resources for this defense.

I do this for several reasons.  Although I am not a part of Dean's political
Party, (I am a DFLer) and although I am not a resident of the sixth ward (I
live in the eight ward) I have a lot of respect for and experience with Dean.

I have known Dean for over 30 years.

>From his mid sixties service in the Freedom Rides, through his work as one of
>the founders of the co-op movement in the United States, his stalwart
>community work, advocacy for community power, environmental sanity, and his
>competence in this work, his honesty and trustworthiness has been stellar.

He has worked on remodeling my house, we have worked together on political
events, and we have been and are close friends.  I know him to be a man of
great integrity, the highest sense of justice, loyalty and service.

I have had him return money to me when the time he spent on a job was less than
his estimate, (unheard of among contractors).  I have seen him make choices to
defray financial gain in order to meet obligations to his community, his
constituents, his children, his friends, or his values.  This is not a man who
betrays a trust.  I simply don't believe the charges.

In addition I have considerable direct experience and knowledge of the FBI
playing political roles, fabricating evidence, preparing false affidavits,
pressuring witnesses to lie, and destroying people's lives.

In short, both my knowledge of Dean and his character, and my knowledge of the
FBI and their character, have given me no choice but to stand with Dean at this
time.

I am not joining the speculation on motives at this time, but clearly the
result of the actions so far has been to defame and prejudice a longtime
community activist who has made it his life work to help all of us.

My outrage at this transcends party politics.  I hope you feel the same.

We need to raise over $25,000 very quickly.

If you would like to help with a gift or a loan you can send it to me or
contact me.

David Tilsen
3220 10th Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55407